Thursday, May 1, 2008

Tattoo!

I had a really cool opportunity to talk to a pretty awesome guy who came my missional community last night. He was an Emo looking guy, with a really sweet tattoo on hims shoulder/bicep. We were talking during dinner and he is really cool. He is studying music-tech and taking an internship pretty soon in Cali (you all will have to go to his church in San Fran if you are ever there on a Sunday!). We (our MC is very musically inclined) talked about music and sound all through dinner! It was so great. I have been taking an interest in that lately because I have been running projection and sound and projection are set up and torn down together and connected during church. Last night turned out to be a great learning opportunity between Ben (new guy) and Curtis (another guy in my MC). It was really sweet
Back to the tattoo, after MC he and Rachel and I were chatting and we asked him about his tattoo. It was a picture of a woman in front of a tree. The tree is a tree from a town in Iowa that he lived in and has a plow stuck in the middle (not sure if that is real or just part of the tattoo). The woman is his mom. We began to talk about tattoos and I told him what I was thinking about getting and where and he was so encouraging. Most of my friends are saying "that is going to hurt," and are scaring me out of it. Ben said, "It is fine if it hurts. Think about it, if you had it done yesterday, it would already be gone. It is only one day." I really loved this and not just in the application of a tattoo. I think we need to approach live more boldly (and by we, I mean Christians and myself especially). It was an interesting thing to draw out of our one conversation but it really hit me. So much that I am posting it on my blog! So my thought for today, especially to you Sara, is the pain and fear from today is fleeting. Be brave and bold today and everyday. Have the hard conversations and take the steps to make things better despite fear.

1 comment:

JannaMari said...

you should set me up with him. :)

i want to get another tattoo... i'm not sure what of though. i REALLY want to though. i know just where i want it.

i really like that quote too. i think i'll use it. :)